Tymonland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tymonland, The Veritas (Dusk)

HomeHome  Beginner Rper I_icon13  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 57 on February 26th 2014, 3:51 pm
Sister Villages
free forum

Beginner Rper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ojamanjoumace
Spirit of the Depths
Spirit of the Depths
Ojamanjoumace

Village of Residence : Village Lost in the Depths
Cool Points (LOL) : 0
Kekkei Genkai : undecided

Character sheet
Character Race:
Character Info (Highlight):

Beginner Rper Empty
PostSubject: Beginner Rper   Beginner Rper Icon_minitime1May 17th 2009, 1:04 am

I am beginning to rp, and would like some help on how to start off, and what to do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Beginner Rper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rper   Beginner Rper Icon_minitime1May 17th 2009, 12:30 pm

Alright~! ^^
Well, to start off, rp-ing is like writing a story, and that's how it's usually typed.

Ex1: Sadako walked into the woods, "What a fine day." She remarked
Ex2: *Walks into the woods* What a fine day.
Ex3: *Walking into the woods, Sadako said,* What a fine day.
Ex4: I walked into the woods, and said "What a fine day."

And it goes on, everything varying with tenses and such...
Have you posted a quick history of your character yet?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Beginner Rper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rper   Beginner Rper Icon_minitime1May 17th 2009, 12:43 pm

Okay the first and fore most thing about rping is that you must remember always is that it is a story. all the things going on in all the villages are in the same world .

Your story will connect with others and you must rp correctly or it'll make the story feel loofy.

So you start off picking a village. and you will be a gennin to start Post a BIO jutsu list and weopons (use alot of detail). You will do missions battles and rank up as your characters story progresses.

When making your character think about his strengths and weakness's whats his personality like. what kind of jutsu he will be specializing in . be creative but be fair as your character will be beginner level .

----------------
Okay now to start off. With a few rping know how's.

The most common way to rp is to do it like this. let's set up the scene. your character Im going to assume is named ace. will be sitting in a room swinging his sword around boredom.

Okay on here the most common rp style is probably.
--
I Sit On the chair rocking back in fourth in my boredom. I notice my sword and grab for it and begin swinging it around .
"Man there is nothing to do today is there."

--
A little on the lame side but you get my point. Some people d it a bit differently Like I go third person. like this.
---
-Vash sit's boredly on a chair. He hadn't done anything today at all. It was a rather boring day the day before this one as well . He wondered That while swinging his Scythe around for no apparent reason-
"I suppose a quiet day is a safe day."
-----

Something like that.

FOr fights it is best to interact with care of the other character. especially if he is higher level you will not be evading every hit. Play fair for it is a story and in story's not everyone is perfect.
Also don't auto hit.

---
(bad)
Ace Stabs terry in the stomach with his sword and watches him bleed out.
(good)
Ace stabs at terry quickly it would be hard for him to evade.
---------

If you need anyting else just ask.
Back to top Go down
Xenovirus
Spectre of the Depths
Spectre of the Depths
Xenovirus

Kekkei Genkai : Mentarugan (Nexus of Psionic Abilities)

Beginner Rper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rper   Beginner Rper Icon_minitime1May 17th 2009, 2:05 pm

Well, here's some things you SHOULDN'T do.

Godmode - When you rp, try to not make your rpc do something completely unrealistic (in an Anime sense) to avoid an attack or land one.

Ex.1

*Buttman runs toward Coolguy to punch him in the face.*

*Coolguy increases the gravity in the area to hinder Buttman's movements. Coolguy then sidesteps to knee Buttman in the stomach.*

*Buttman activates his secret technique that makes him immune to knees to the stomach, thus remaining unharmed.*

See what Buttman did there? He was unable to properly escape the attack so he used a cheap way to get out of it.

Autohitting - I see mostly higher ups do this more than anyone on the site. It's never cool to autohit, no matter what rank you are and what rank you are going against. If you believe that certain circumstances prevent your opponent from avoiding an attack, state them. Take Buttman and Coolguy for example, after Buttman launches his attack.

Ex.1 *Coolguy had increased the gravity around him and Buttman. Doing so prevented Buttman from jumping, and since Buttman was running towards Coolguy, all of Buttman's momentum would be going straight foward, preventing him from side stepping. Also, Buttman had very little chakra, so techniques were likely out of the question. Not to mention Buttman was extremely close to Coolguy. Knowing this, Coolguy sidestepped Buttman's punch and countered with a vicious knee aimed at his stomach.*

See? Coolguy's post is basically the same as before, only this time Coolguy explained why Buttman shouldn't be able to dodge the attack.

Metagamming - Basically when your characters has knowledge of something they shouldn't have because they never experienced it. I'll give an example.

Ex.1 *Coolguy summons a large titan, summoning it for the first time against Buttman. The titan is immune to every element but Wind.*

*Buttman sees the titan and begins to charge wind chakra throughout the area. Buttman then unleashes a barrage of Wind jutsu.*

From the example above, this is Buttman's FIRST time encountering the titan, therefore, he should not immediately know that Wind is the only thing that can hurt him. However, there is a correct to do this.

Ex.2 *Coolguy fights Swordman and summons a large titan.*

*Buttman sat in a tree and watched the fight.*

*As the fight dragged on, the titan seemed to be to tough so Swordman uses one of his strongest attacks, a massive wind tornado. The wind tornado connects damaging the titan. Swordman then slashes the titan with more Wind techs, and unlike the other elemental techs he used on the titan, the Wind techs actually hurt it.*

Now, in Ex.2, Buttman WITNESSED the fight and saw for himself that the titan was weak to wind. Therefore, when he fights Coolguy and he summons the titan again, Buttman will know exactly how to beat it.

This is all I can think right now....
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Unknown

Kekkei Genkai : Psychic control/Distortion, Materialization , and 'Eye'

Character sheet
Character Race:

Beginner Rper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rper   Beginner Rper Icon_minitime1June 14th 2009, 11:54 pm

((Sorry but what are with these reatred hilerious ina way names Xeno xD, and Shinta used the referance of Terry :> lol))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Beginner Rper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rper   Beginner Rper Icon_minitime1June 14th 2009, 11:57 pm

{Son of a bit- Tomorrow I'm makin' his ass get on...}
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Unknown

Kekkei Genkai : Psychic control/Distortion, Materialization , and 'Eye'

Character sheet
Character Race:

Beginner Rper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rper   Beginner Rper Icon_minitime1June 14th 2009, 11:59 pm

((Make who get on here? Terry?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beginner Rper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rper   Beginner Rper Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Beginner Rper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tymonland :: Depthsroot :: The Academy-
Jump to: